Since 2015 Naturist Camp Baldarin has been the proud recipient of this award - one of only a handful of Croatian campsite's to achieve the required standard - and testifying to the camp's commitment to high quality social and economic sustainability.
The EcoCamping project was started in 2000 and created by conducting a survey in cooperation with campers. The aim of the research was to collect the opinions of guests about equipment and facilities in the campsite relating to many aspects of environmental protection. These included efforts made by the campsite to improving and preserving the environment and nature, as well as the safety and quality of the camp. Using environmentally-friendly technology and saving energy is clearly very important to many of the research respondents as campers need energy to make the most of their holiday!
The principles of Ecocamping are:
- inform guests, employees, partners and the general public about our commitment to the project and about the ways that others can participate
- use energy more efficiently
- promote sustainable and environmentally compatible energy generation
- air pollution control;
- avoid water and soil pollution
- rational water use
- avoid creating waste and optimize recycling cycles
- design the campsite in an environmentally compatible way and promote biodiversity
- take nature and the environment into account when creating leisure activities
- promote soft mobility
- promote local products and services
- clean in an environmentally compatible way and avoid dangerous substances
Baldarin’s enviormental care
Baldarin Naturist Camp has implemented numerous environmentally innovations to improve ecological sustainability such as the construction of waste water purifiers (phase 1 - construction 2013, phase 2 - construction completed in 2018); the construction of new and re-construction of existing sanitary facilities; the introduction of electric vehicles;implementation of various energy saving measures; the introduction of Glamping-eco tents; daily environmental maintenance; horticulture care; waste sorting;, and offering local, indigenous and local products to the hospitality industry.
Additionally and specially for environmentally aware children, the camp has introduced many ecologically related activities, outdoor sports and recreation, together with workshops and entertainment designed for all ages.
The newest measure, that the campsite Baldarin has introduced as part of the Ecocamping project, deserves to be emphasized – the ban of single-use plastic products (cutlery, glasses, straws, plates etc.) which has been implemented since the campsite opened for the season 2019. Furthermore, plastic bags will be replaced by cloth bags and a bio-corner with vegan and gluten-free products as well as local island products will be included in the assortment. Find out more »